The double-spout portafilter features a built-in system that makes it easy and fast to create espresso, even if it is the first time you have used an espresso machine. It brews one or two servings at a time by simply filling the basket with ground coffee, inserting it into the machine, and starting the brew cycle. The system in the portafilter body creates the resistance to the water flow automatically.
The included bottomless espresso filter uses coffee you grind. The adjustment you make to your grinder controls the flow of the espresso. Grind finer to slow the flow and more coarsely to speed up the flow (grinder not included). Because this handle has no bottom, you can instantly see the espresso as it is created and make adjustments to your procedure accordingly. A bottomless portafilter is optional at additional cost with most machines if it is available at all! The ability to grind your own coffee and adjust the grind aids in producing richer, thicker crema.
The advanced design boiler of the EC PRO maintains a reserve of hot water to aid in delivering the perfect temperature for each espresso. This reserve of hot water means less waiting between extractions and more consistent results.
The pump system features a pump capable of 15BAR pressure. A powerful pump is required for rich, thick crema production and the EC PRO has it!
- Includes two espresso filters; one for convenience, one for control. Choose the one that?'s right for you
- The double spout espresso filter creates an optimal brew, quickly and easily; brews 1 or 2 espressos at a time
- The bottomless espresso filter lets you brew barista style and perfect your technique
- Advanced pump boiler maintains a reservoir of hot water at the perfect temperature for faster and more consistent results
- State-of-the-art boiler increases brewing pressure and temperature stability
- 15 bar pump provides optimal pressure for rich crema, the thin layer of foam that is the mark of a perfectly brewed espresso
- Commercial style power frother for perfectly foamed or steamed milk for delicious cappuccinos and lattes
- Heavy-duty stainless steel construction
- 42-oz, removable water container
- Large, integrated cup warming tray
- Indicator lights for "Off/On" and "Coffee/Steam"
- Easy to clean removable stainless steel drip tray
- Coffee scoop/tamper included
- One year limited warranty
- Dimensions: 11.5 " high, 8" wide, 11 " deep
How Things Work:
Featuring an advanced pump boiler system and two filter choices, the commercial-grade Capresso EC PRO Professional Espresso and Cappuccino Machine is the ideal choice for brewing café quality espresso and cappuccino at home. The EC PRO is equipped with two filter options that allow coffee lovers at any skill level to prepare barista-quality espresso. The heavy-duty double spout espresso filter, designed for beginners, is convenient and easy to use, brewing one or two espressos at a time. The filter's sieve helps produce an ideal brew quickly and easily, by creating optimal pressure without having to perfect tamp or grind size. Ideal for expert home brewers and those looking to improve their barista skills, the EC PRO's bottomless espresso filter lets users brew barista style. Unlike the double spout filter sieve, the pressure in this sieve is built up based on grind size and tamp. The bottomless sieve produces a richer, thicker crema and a hotter brew because the espresso has less contact with the surfaces of the portafilter.