Savour coffee as the professionals like it, creamy and completely true to itself with an extra touch of richness and body. Without paper filters, it's the purest infusion of coffee and water, which creates a more exotic cup highlighting flavour subtleties. The new Cuisinox stainless steel French coffee press combines stunning elegance with the best materials for perfect function. Just add water, right off the boil, to the freshly-ground beans or tea leaves, and let it steep for four minutes, then press the plunger down. The double-walled stainless steel thermo press keeps your coffee or tea hot for up to 2 hours. You can use it for either your perfect cup of tea or coffee.
- Double walled
- 800ml/ 27 oz capacity
- 4 cup capacity
- 7.75 inches / 19 cm high
- 3.75 inches / 9 cm diameter (without spout & handle)
- 18/10 stainless steel
- Dishwasher safe
A cylindrical pot with a plunger and built-in filter screen that presses hot water through ground coffee: that’s the simple beauty of the French press, method of choice for many the world over, creating an earthy, rich taste in the cup. The secret is all in the grind: choose medium, with uniformity and consistency throughout. Very coarse grinds may clog the filter, while very fine grinds will pass through the filter, muddying the results.
- Place the pot on a dry, flat surface. Hold the handle firmly, then pull out the plunger
- Add a heaping tablespoon (7-8 grams) of coffee to the pot per 200 ml (6.7 oz) of water
- Pour hot wate, not quite boiling, into the pot, and gently stir
- Carefully reinsert the plunger into the pot, stopping just above the water and ground coffee (do not plunge yet), and let stand for 3-4 minutes
- Press down slowly, exerting steady pressure until coffee grounds are full
- After each use, wash the pot with water and mild detergent, and dry thoroughly