Mauviel 2.7 Qrt Copper Sugar Pan M'passion Series - The sugar saucepan is the typical utensil for making caramel, well-known of pastrymen and pastrywomen. Made all of copper, it has to be used with great caution because of the high temperature that the sugar will take caramelizing. Copper's ability to conduct heat permits simmering over low heat. It heats extremely quickly because copper conducts heat alots faster than aluminum or stainless steel cookware. Made in France by Mauviel with a Lifetime Warranty.
- Solid copper
- Unlined interior is safe for use with foods with a high sugar content.
- Used for caramelizing sugar or heating sauces
- Hollow conical copper riveted handle
- Oven safe up to 500° F
- Not induction compatible
- Dimensions: 7." (18cm) Dia x 2.75 Qrts
- Hand washing is reccommended