Staub 2 Qt (1.8 Lts) Matte Black Mussel Pot - Staub Mussel Pots are models of service and preparation. A stainless steel strainer separates the mussels from the sauce, making flavorful juices available for dipping from the first bite to the last. The generous Family Mussel Pot holds up to six pounds of mussels.
Made of cast iron, with some pieces finished in rich shades of enameled ceramic. Unique to Staub cast-iron lids are the self-basting spikes, small peaks jutting from the underside that continuously redistribute juices as they collect during the cooking process. Can use on all cooktops including induction and oven safe. Made in France by Le Staub with a lifetime warranty. Dimensions: 7" (18cm ) x 9.5" (24cm )
Makes 2 servings:
- 2 liters / 8 ½ cup of mussels
- 3 large chopped shallots
- 250 g / 12 oz diced Prosciutto
- 250 ml / 1 cup of white wine
- 10 g / 2 tsp. butter
- 3 tsp. chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Clean the mussels under running water and keep cool.
- Sauté the chopped shallots with butter for 2 minutes in the Staub Mussel Pot.
- Add the diced prosciutto and cook for 2 more minutes on medium heat.
- Pour the white wine in the pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the mussels and cover.
- Cook until all the mussels open, discard any unopened mussels.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.